What is IFTTT?
IFTTT (If This Then That) is the free way to do more with hundreds of the apps and devices you love, including Twitter, Dropbox, Evernote, Nest, Fitbit, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant. On IFTTT, these are called services. With the services, Applets are created. Applets are specific things that can happen when you connect services - things your apps can’t do on their own.
How do I get started on IFTTT?
- Browse the preset applets by scrolling down from the Smart Assistant home screen in the Solis WiFi App
- When you see one that interests you, click on it and you will be sent to the IFTTT website to turn it on
- Create an IFTTT account and follow the instructions to connect it to your Skyroam connect
- Once your accounts are synced, you will see your selected applet
- Turn it on
- You will be prompted to enter your unique Skyroam product SN located on the back of your hotspot. Once entered, click Save
- Connect the services that are involved in the applet. IFTTT provides a layer between different services to allow them to do specific tasks
You are ready to go!
Can I connect more than one account to a service on IFTTT?
Not at the moment. IFTTT can currently only support one connected account per service. If you want to have separate Applets for work accounts and personal accounts, we suggest making another IFTTT account.
How do I change the account associated with a service?
- Go to the service page you’d like to change
- Select Settings
- Select Edit Connection
- Enter the login credentials for the account you want to use
How do I disconnect a service or remove a service’s permissions?
- Go to the service page
- Select Settings
- Select Disconnect
Disconnecting a service will delete any Applets that require it. To make sure you want to do that, IFTTT will ask you to select Okay if you would like to proceed.