UNLIMITED DATA SERVICES: FAIR USE POLICY
Our goal at Skyroam is to provide high-speed internet access to our users! To ensure we optimize our data network to provide the best speeds to our customers worldwide, we practice an industry standard Fair Use Policy. Our Fair Use Policy is consistent with most mobile carriers and broadband company policies for mobile data usage. Because our network is a limited resource, customers who take a disproportionately high amount of data may experience reduced network speeds, based on location and service, so that we protect Fair Usage for all.
The Fair Use Policy only applies to the following service plans:
- Unlimited Global Daypass
- Unlimited Monthly Subscription
How much data will I get?
- Global Daypass: Users will receive 24 hours of unlimited data through the Skyroam network. While the user's data will not expire during the 24 hour period, data speeds may vary from 4G to 3G/2G speeds depending on location, carrier bandwidth, and total data consumption.
- Unlimited Monthly Subscription: Users will receive up to 20GBs of high speed data and then speeds will reduce to 512 kbps. After 20GBs are used, our Fair Use Policy applies to the remaining unlimited data. High speed data resets with each 30 day period.
- For continuous high-speed data, check out our GoData Monthly Subscription which allows you to buy WiFi by the Gigabyte rather than unlimited.
- GoData Monthly Subscription: Users will receive full speed of mobile data at anytime. The Fair Use Policy does not apply for GoData subscribers.
What can I do to avoid reduced speeds?
To ensure you have uninterrupted high-speed data, we strongly recommend disabling apps and features that consume data in the background, including cloud syncing, large system updates, auto-backups, auto-app updates, and avoid extended use of video streaming, gaming and other online activities that consume large amounts of data.
If you are looking to consume high volume of data, we recommend subscribing to our GoData Monthly Subscription.